Plastic planted beds: photos, videos, gardeners advice.
From this article, you can find out the features of such products as plastic plank beds: the scope of application, the pros and cons of designs made on their basis, the variety of plastic fences, as well as their technical and operational characteristics. The reader will get acquainted with the specifics of plastic panels, curbs, tapes, products, designers, as well as fences made of wood-polymer composite.
Cost-effective and efficient way to design beds - using plastic panels
The advantages of plastic beds at their summer cottage
Enclosing structures for beds in finished form are presented on the market in an extensive range. Plastic products are the most common and popular among owners of suburban areas.
Such success is due not only to low cost, but also to the practicality, durability of these structures, as well as many additional advantages, due to which they benefit in comparison with wood, metal or stone.
One of the main advantages of plastic is its low cost.
Note! The board from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is capable of 100% retain moisture, obtained by the soil during watering or rain, inside the structure.
Plastic products are characterized by versatility and a host of advantages that many gardeners appreciate.
Advantages of plastic products:
- practicality - the products have a small weight, which makes it possible to use them even on loose ground. On top of the beds made of solid plastic boards, you can pour a fairly high layer of soil. If necessary, the dimensional parameters of the bumpers, in particular the height, can be increased by adding additional parts,
- aesthetics and a wide choice of design - various options for curbs or plastic fences are available to customers, based on which you can create beds of unusual curved shapes,
With the help of plastic, you can create a variety of forms of beds
- durability - plastic products are not subject to the negative effect of corrosion, they remain in their original form for many years, not reacting to moisture and other negative environmental factors,
- the ability to maintain color over a long period of time - products made from high-quality atmospheric plastic are not subject to fading in the sun. Even under prolonged exposure to ultraviolet rays, plastic elements will retain their original color and shape,
- An extensive scope of application - a rich range of products with different configurations and colors allows you to support any exterior of the house and create a unique landscape design in the yard. Plastic structures are used for zoning the yard, forming decorative fences, to highlight a bed or pavement, as well as to focus on individual objects,
Plastic fencing used for zoning area
- simple installation system - installation and disassembly of products is absolutely no difficulty, and the structures themselves are mobile and can be used repeatedly.
Varieties of garden fences for flower beds and plastic beds
The plastic structures of the beds are made of a special material that does not emit toxic substances into the soil even when heated.
Modern products have improved performance.
Thanks to this, the site owner can buy fences for garden beds, which are not afraid of high or low temperatures.
Note! Under the influence of frost, the structures are not covered with cracks, and direct sunlight can not melt them. Therefore, the beds of plastic can be used in any climatic conditions, without fear that they will deteriorate.
Due to the wide possibilities of color and texture, the beds of plastic panels look great in any design.
The artificial origin of the material is also associated with some advantages.
First, insects cannot damage products, because they do not attract them. Secondly, plastic is not subject to processes such as decay or corrosion.
Thirdly, the material does not have comfortable conditions for the development of mold.
Designs of plastic beds for summer houses can be bought at any specialized store, the market offer includes several categories of products:
- plastic ribbons,
- flexible fences, called garden constructors,
- panels "Garden Board" of polyvinyl chloride,
- plastic mesh fencing.
Another plus of plastic fencing - their durability in use
On sale there are many variations of plastic fencing for beds, you can buy these types of products of any color and size. Some types of designs realistically imitate natural materials, such as wood or stone, without their disadvantages.
Features of plastic borders for beds in the form of a tape
Plastic fence in the form of a tape is widely used by summer residents to organize beds and flower beds on the site.
Due to the flexibility of the material, the products allow you to create designs with outlines of various shapes. Border tapes are available for sale, the width of which varies in the range of 0.1-0.5 m.
This height is quite enough to break up the raised beds in the territory.
The plastic tape protects the mound from being washed out by water when watering the garden or when it rains. In such conditions, the root system of plants will remain in place, it is reliably protected from damage by streams.
Plastic curb tape reliably protect the garden bed or flower garden from blurring
Helpful advice! If it is necessary to limit the growth of bushes on the site, for these purposes it is recommended to buy a plastic border for large width beds, for zoning lawns, arranging flower beds and ornamental gardens, as well as forming bulk paths it is better to use narrow ribbons.
The process of mounting curb tape does not require experience or special skills. Any summer resident will cope with this task.
Included with the product is supplied manufacturer's instructions with a detailed description of the procedure and a set of stakes for fixing the curb.
To install the tape, it is enough to dig a trench of shallow depth along the perimeter of the future bed. Then the tape should be pulled, it is desirable that this manipulation was performed by two people.
After the tape is placed in a trench, stakes are installed on the sides, which will fix it in the required position. It remains only to fill the ditch with earth and carefully tamp it.
To design the bed turned solid, you should connect the edges of the tape with staples using a stapler. This bed is able to serve for several years.
If necessary, it can be easily removed from the ground and moved to another place.
Curb tape is easily mounted without special experience and training.
What can buy fences for beds in the form of tapes: features of the range and pricing
Landscape designers and owners of summer cottages prefer curb ribbons for the reason that this type of product has increased flexibility.
On the basis of plastic borders, you can create unusual flower beds and fancy-shaped beds, ribbons are great for forming curved lines.
The price of the material is low, and an extensive range opens up new possibilities in terms of design.
Having bought ribbons of different widths, on the site you can create stacked beds or flower beds, which, thanks to their decorative and compactness, are in high demand among summer residents. On sale there are products of various colors. Tiered bed design will look more effective if the sides of each tier will have a different shade.
Curb Average Rates:
The advantages of plastic fencing
The fact that today PVC is used in many areas, including to create fences, due to the presence of his many advantages. And today it is difficult to find another same fence for the beds, which would have the same large number of useful qualities. If we talk in more detail about the advantages of PVC fences, we can distinguish the following:
- practicality. First of all, this quality plastic fences demonstrate when they are installed on loose, loose soils. Using them, the owner has the opportunity to organize a full-fledged flowerbed by adding land to it. In addition, several tiers can be added to the design,
- a wide range of framing options. The line of the fence passing along the perimeter of the site may have an oval, round or curvilinear shape,
- ability to retain moisture in the soil. PVC is capable for many years not to collapse under the influence of moisture, as a result, it will remain in the ground to the last drop,
- the ability to retain its original color, even when exposed to prolonged exposure to sunlight,
- easy installation
- the ability to remove the installed fence at any time or replace it with another one,
- using PVC fencing, the summer resident has the opportunity to make a certain area of the site more attractive. With the help of such fences, you can select specific elements of the territory, for example, tracks, and also focus on the most important details,
- to install such fences, you do not have to tediously dig a trench,
- resistance to moisture absorption is beneficial to the plants, because moisture remains in the garden beds,
- the possibility of using PVC fencing of the most varied versions and forms,
- resistance to negative temperatures
Types of plastic fencing
One of the important advantages of PVC fencing that attract attention is large selection of options these fences for flowerbeds. Therefore, the owner of the suburban area has an excellent opportunity to find for itself such a variant of the fence, which will fully take into account the features and appearance of the site. If you familiarize yourself with the assortment of these structures offered in stores, then you can mark the most common types of fencing.
PVC garden tapes
If the owner is not intended to single out any zone or to give the plot decorative properties, then he can opt for these designs. Similar products provide a variety of colors. According to experts, such tapes are perfect. suitable for planting vegetables and other heat-loving plants. This recommendation is due to the fact that this material does not overheat as a result of prolonged exposure to the sun, and this excludes a slowdown in the growth of plants, which can be caused by burns.
These products can be used as a bright element of garden decoration. Due to their fairly compact size, they have been distributed as a curb to protect flowering plants. Moreover, with the help of such blocks it is possible not only to create fences for high beds and plant zones. This material is suitable for the organization of gazebos and a playground, it can also be used for fencing in the greenhouse.
Border "Garden Labyrinth"
This type of fencing looks like flat stone blocks of small size. They usually have a small height, which does not exceed 10 cm. They are often used to design paths in which ground cover or turf grass is used as a cover.
Experts recommend their use for the reason that they have small holes and protrusions that allow you to successfully use the lawn mower, which can remove the grass even in hard to reach places. The use of such products helps to prevent the appearance of fresh grass cover.
Most often for its manufacture is used a material representing imitation boards or picket fence. And in its function, the border is no different from plastic decorative fences.
Such plastic fencing is primarily interesting because it can be a fairly high-quality and accurate imitation of a certain material. They provide a variety of different colors. And every year their range in this respect is expanding, which, in turn, makes it much easier for the owner of the dacha to choose the right product for decorating the beds.
Making your own hands
No matter what option of plastic fencing you plan to install, in any case it will require certain cash costs. What solution can be offered if the summer resident is not ready to allocate the necessary amount for the purchase of a small fence? The first thing that comes to mind here is to use other materials at hand to fence the beds. However, it will still not be a good solution to the problem. But you can do otherwise - make a plastic fence with your own hands.
Most often, gardeners who decide to implement such an idea, use unattended plastic bottles. In principle, this is not surprising, given that this container is lying in a variety of places in large quantities.
- Before proceeding to the construction of the fence from plastic bottles, they must be prepared. First you need to cut off the narrow part of the bottle, capturing at the same time and the neck, approximately in the middle. During this work, you need to strive to ensure that the rest of the bottle is as little as possible different from other containers that you will use to make a fence for garden beds,
- Next, the cut bottles are filled with earth, after which it is necessary to dig a shallow trench, which should pass along the perimeter of the section where the fence will be installed,
- Then the bottles are turned upside down and immersed in this groove. To withstand the horizontal position of the fence, it does not hurt to first install pegs on the ends of the grooves and pull the cord between them so that, focusing on it, align the elements of the fence,
- After all the prepared bottles are in the ditch, the voids are filled with soil and tamped with it.
If you want your fence to look original, it is recommended to use it. bottles of different colors. So you will not only save on the manufacture of fencing for the garden beds, but also be able to give this area of your site a special attraction.
Installation of fencing for beds
Photos of fences allow you to get an idea of what they can be. So after you decide which PVC fence you need, you can proceed to examining its installation. Larger fences that are made of PVC require special skills and knowledge to install. However, this does not apply to PVC garden panels.
The owner will not have to earthworks, to create holes, as well as other operations, as most plastic fences are already equipped with iron rods.
After immersion in the ground, they will ensure good stability of the entire fence.
In principle, the installation process of PVC fences of any kind is carried out according to the general scheme, so it can be submit in the form of the following steps:
- The installation begins with the measurement of the sides of the bed and the adjustment of the fence. If the owner plans to use the tape, then it will have to be cut off. If the choice was made in favor of the plastic fence, then the excess part of the structure will have to be cut off using the appropriate tools. During such preparation, it is necessary to be very careful not to damage the surface. In order to prevent such errors, it is recommended to first mark the dimensions of the fence,
- Next, the prepared tape fragments are interconnected using a conventional stapler. If you choose a different option of fencing, then you do not have to carry out this operation,
- If you use tape to protect the beds, then you first have to dig a shallow trench around the perimeter of the beds. When using other fencing designs, such training is not necessary,
- If you chose plastic tape as a fence, then you should have no problems installing it. The tape is immersed in a trench, then ground on each side and carefully tamped. If you choose a fence that is an imitation of a low picket fence, then its installation will be reduced to sticking to the ground using metal pegs. When each side of the garden will be fenced with such a fence, the installation of the fence can be considered complete,
- If you use a ribbon as a fence, then you will need to additionally drive small pegs on each side of the fence. For this you can use wooden or metal pegs. You should not neglect this recommendation, especially if you are installing a fence for a large bed. In this case, without pegs, your fence will not last long.
On sale you can meet special types of structureswith a groove on one side and a peg on the other. Such plastic blocks differ from others in that they allow the construction of a two-tier fence. Most often, such blocks have a hole in the center where a wooden peg can be driven, which will allow fixing the fence to the ground. To make the fencing look more attractive, you can disguise the places of the grooves using special plugs.
Each owner of the suburban area wants his territory to look attractive. Moreover, to solve this problem, it is possible not only to keep the area clean and tidy, but also use special fencing to highlight certain areas. Plastic panels for beds have recently become quite popular. Their use is advantageous in that they allow not only to protect against penetration to the beds of weeds, but also to retain moisture in the soil.
Today, there are many variants of fencing available for beds, so the owner can easily choose the most suitable construction for him. If desired, you can make fence from ordinary plastic bottles, which, on top of that, can also look original if you use containers of a certain color.
Functions of borders for beds and flowerbeds
At first glance, these fences play an exclusively decorative role; however, this is not the case. Consider the basic functions of the curb.
- The curb does not allow weeds in the soil to penetrate the territory limited by the curb. This is due to the deepening of the lower part of the border to the depth of growth of the main root mass of plants.
- At the same time, the border does not allow cultivated plants, propagating rhizomes, to go beyond the boundaries of the flower beds or beds.
- The curb retains the shape of a bed or flower bed, which is especially important when a flower bed of irregular shape is formed.
- The fence around the tree does not allow the ground to creep away when watering, while maintaining the decorativeness of the garden.
- Reduces the number of rodents, insects and other pests on a flower bed or garden bed. This applies to the living creatures that move in the upper layers of the soil.
The option of plastic fencing beds
Main types of borders
Today, you can buy or make your own borders from various materials:
- from a tree (are characterized by high decorative effect and environmental friendliness, but do not differ in durability),
- from slate (practical, but not very decorative and not environmentally friendly),
- made of concrete (durable, practical, but not very decorative),
- from a stone (durable, decorative, practical, eco-friendly, but have high cost),
- brick (decorative, practical, durable, environmentally friendly, but their installation is a laborious process),
An example of a brick curb in the country
When choosing materials for the curb, it is necessary to take into account the general concept of the site and house design. For massive stone houses fit a larger fence, made of brick, natural stone and concrete. For wooden houses - curbs made of wood, plastic and paving tiles.
Advantages of plastic as a material for borders
Plastic fencing for beds and flower beds have a number of advantages over other types of curbs:
- First, atmospheric plastic (namely, it is used for the production of street fences) is resistant to temperature extremes. Due to this property, the borders of this material can be used in any climatic conditions and not be afraid that it will crack in the cold and flow in the heat.
- Secondly, plastic is a non-natural material, and therefore it is not susceptible to rotting, fading in the sun, the development of mold, and damage by insects. Thanks to these features, it is durable and practical.
- Thirdly, plastic is non-toxic and does not release substances into the soil that can disturb the balance of microorganisms in the fertile layer of the earth. Thus, plastic does not adversely affect the growth and development of flowers, as well as the taste qualities of vegetable crops.
- Fourthly, plastic, when buried in the soil, acts as an artificial barrier between the population of cultivated plants and weeds, preventing the penetration of the latter into flowerbeds and beds.
An example of a recessed fence in the garden
All these qualities of plastic have made fences very popular among gardeners and gardeners.
Plastic curb tape
Garden plastic curb is very popular due to ease of installation, decoration and budget. You can buy it in rolls, the length of the tape which is regulated by each manufacturer. The height of the fence is 10.15, 20 and 28 cm with a material thickness of 0.5 to 2 mm.
When choosing a curb, its width can be determined on the basis of plants planted in the enclosed area: the higher the plant, the wider the border.
In terms of density, it is more practical to choose plastic with a stiffness axis along the upper edge.
With this plastic you can easily form a variety of forms of land structures.
Border ribbons may vary in color and texture (there are wavy, corrugated, etc.).
These characteristics do not affect the practical side of using this type of fencing, but they are key in terms of decoration.
There are the following ways to use curb tapes:
- Tape up to 10 cm wide. Can be used as a limiter in the formation of bulk tracks. It allows you to create tracks of various shapes and does not allow the material to crumble beyond their borders.
- Tape of greater width (up to 25 cm) can be used to limit the beds. This is especially true when forming sloping and warm beds. With sloping ridges, a similar curb will trap moisture in the usable area, preventing its spreading.
- Ribbons of medium width are involved in the formation of decorative flowerbeds, alpine slides and other design decisions on the site.
It looks like a decorative tape to protect the flower beds.
The scheme of installation of plastic fencing
Installing plastic tape is simple.
Plastic pegs included in the curb kit should be dug in along the corners of the beds and along the entire perimeter into the ground, and between them stretch the plastic tape. This process is so not complicated that the entire area can easily be decorated with such borders during the day.
Plastic panels "Garden Board"
This type of plastic fencing is good because it has high strength, unlike plastic tape.
They can be limited not only by flowerbeds, beds and near-well space, but also playing areas, sandboxes, etc. "Garden Board" has a smooth surface, which contributes to its quick and easy cleaning. As well as plastic panels of this type are durable and can withstand quite a strong blow.
The color of garden boards can be very different: from light beige to dark brown.
The disadvantage of this plastic fence is only that its cost is quite high.
The installation of such a fence is also simple and readily available in the instructions attached to the curb.
Plastic mesh fence
Plastic mesh for fencing is used as an alternative to metal, because has several advantages: ease of construction, lack of corrosion, durability, ease of construction, practicality and budget. Plastic mesh is used for the fence of the front garden, as well as for zoning the territory of the garden.
Original plastic bottle fences
In each family over time accumulates a large number of plastic bottles from various drinks. They can be used in creating fencing for flowerbeds. Such a border will look decorative and original.
There are several rules for arranging borders from plastic bottles:
- For one fence it is necessary to use bottles of the same color and one size. 1.5 liter bottles are best, but others can be used.
plastic bottle fence option
In addition to the fact that plastic bottles can be used for fencing, they can be used as a finished mini flower bed. For these purposes, suitable bottles of large volume (preferably 5 and 6-liter).
Example of plastic bottle enclosures
In their side panel a hole is cut for future colors, and the bottle itself is decorated under a certain plot. The advantage of such a flower bed is durability, originality and the fact that it completely isolates cultivated plants from weeds.
Flowerbeds from bottles have the same advantages as other types of plastic fencing.
In recent years, it has become difficult to imagine gardening without plastic elements.
What you need to know before breaking the beds?
In order for the plants to feel comfortable and well fruited, and it was convenient for you to walk and do gardening works, you need to follow the recommendations regarding the optimal type of beds.
- Their optimum width is eighty-ninety centimeters. On such a site can be planted two or three cultures.
- The length of the beds is allowed any and depends on the size of the garden and the placement of paths. But it is recommended that the discount be no longer than four to six meters.
- Good to make the beds high. Let them rise ten to fifteen centimeters. Then the probability is reduced that garbage from the path and seeds of grass that grows nearby will fall on the bed.
The advantages of plastic fencing
Everyone knows about the advantages of plastic panels over other types of materials designed to distinguish flower beds, beds, paths, different types of flower beds. But, as you know, repetition is the mother of learning. For those who still doubt the merits of PVC, we recall:
- Garden fences are made from the so-called atmospheric plastic. The trick is that it does not crack under the influence of the sun and strong frosts, so it can be used in any climatic zone.
- Any fence made of plastic panels, be it a low curb or a high fence, perfectly keeps the shape of the beds and flower beds. The weeds do not apply to neighboring areas. Weed, water, fertilize fenced area is much more convenient.
- Plastic is an environmentally friendly, though not natural, material. When heated, it does not emit toxic substances.
- Modern technologies allow to produce garden fences, which over time do not lose their color and attractive appearance.
- Installation of plastic fencing does not require special skills. Therefore, you can mount a fence or curb on your own within a few hours.
- Fences and borders made of plastic do not require special care. They do not need additional painting. And it is easy to clean them from dirt and dust with a stream of water from a hose.
- If the garden or garden plan to redevelop the beds and flower beds, plastic fencing can be easily removed and installed elsewhere.
Varieties of plastic fencing
On sale you can find a lot of garden fences for beds of plastic type, different in shape, height, color, design features. The range is presented for every taste and financial possibilities. Before you buy them, you should think about how they will look on your site, whether they will fit the intended style, what function they will have to perform. Among all the diversity there are undoubted favorites gardeners. About them will be discussed.
Curb plastic tape
Flexible plastic border is great for forming high beds and flower beds. Curb tape sold in rolls of different widths. It can be adapted for different purposes:
- The tape up to 10 centimeters wide is suitable for marking the borders of garden paths. Flexible low sides make wriggling tracks, and their outlines - clear. In addition, a plastic ribbon curb prevents material from which the tracks are spilled.
- Tape up to 25 centimeters in width is intended for the formation of sloping beds and flower beds. If it is good to deepen the sides, then the moisture after watering will not go beyond the irrigated area.
- With the help of a flexible tape up to 30 centimeters wide, curbs are made for grassy plants, propagated by root processes, as well as for shrubs.
- Flexible tape up to 50 centimeters wide is usually used in cases when it is necessary to close the lower part of the picket fence, netting, greenhouse. This is done in order to prevent the penetration of weeds from the neighboring territory.
In addition, plastic tape curbs are used for enclosing decorative flower beds, mini-ponds, fruit trees. The wide tape can be used at arrangement of compost holes.
Such plastic fencing come in different colors. Their stiffness is average. Experienced gardeners prefer material whose stiffness axis passes along the top edge.
This type of plastic fencing is a set of parts that are interconnected in a certain way. The garden designer is universal, and with its help you can assemble a bed of any size, both high and low fencing, a multi-tiered composition of complex shape. The design is assembled quite simply, in each package in the kit there is an instruction in which the assembly process is described in detail.
The garden designer keeps the mound well, as well as the moisture needed by plants for growth and development. The fence is light, so there are no specific requirements for the soil for its installation, it can be installed in loose and loose soil.
Plastic decorative fencing
Polymer decorative fences are distinguished by their unusual appearance: they imitate the natural textures of stone, brick, metal, wrought openwork metal, colored batten, wicker rod, etc.
They are completed with several elements that are assembled into a single structure. It can have a complex shape, unlike panels and boards, therefore it is often used in landscape design, as well as for decorating fountains, flower beds, and lawns. Can be made not only in the form of panels, but also decorative flowers and other objects.
Hand made fences
Self-made plastic fencing can be constructed using several options:
- plastic bottles,
- PVC window-sills: if you can get these panels as waste from the production of plastic windows, they will be an ideal option for fencing - the panels are durable, they are not afraid of atmospheric or mechanical effects, but there is one drawback - this is their cost,
- PVC siding panels,
- wide plastic panels used for finishing work - cheap but not strong enough to withstand the weight of heavy soil.
Characteristics of garden plastic boards
It is not for nothing that the plastic board received such a name: it has the texture of wood and is made on the basis of a wood-polymer composite. It is made of wood waste with a binder - polymer. At the time of their combination, polymerization occurs, and further extrusion allows the formation of WPC boards from the molten mass. Completion of plastic boards is carried out by the hinges connecting the panels and stakes, with the help of which the finished box is fixed in the ground. Using stakes, it is possible to build fences from the WPC in height.
Pros and cons of using plastic boards
The use of plastic board has many advantages:
- Durability: in contrast to ordinary wood, which rots in the ground from the constant exposure to moisture, the polymer composite is not susceptible to degradation from water, as well as cracking.
- Aesthetic appearance: beds made of plastic boards look very neat and attractive, imitating natural wood, but without its inherent drawbacks that occur over time - loss of color, disturbance of structure, etc.
- Boards based on polymer composite can be purchased in any color scheme that does not lose its saturation with time.
- Easy installation and removal of the barrier, which uses a special system of fasteners.
- The ability to create beds of any desired shape and size.
- Strong surface of the board: the dense structure is resistant to various mechanical effects.
- The smooth surface does not cause the accumulation of dirt on the boards, so they do not need special care.
Good thermal conductivity of KDP panels.
Despite the fact that the boards on the basis of the WPC may cost more than some types of wood, unlike wooden fences, they do not need special care, protective coating, replacement due to destruction throughout the long service life (10 years or more), therefore You can talk about cost savings in the construction of beds made of plastic boards. Of the minuses can be noted the fact that long-term contact with water on the boards can appear mold.
Plastic Board Ideas
Plastic beds leave room for imagination. A plastic corner, or clamp, connecting the two boards along the end, allows you to change the angle of the bed. With it, you can also change the height of the fence, connecting the corners together and creating original, multi-tiered compositions.
Types of beds
Due to the features of the assembly of plastic fences, they can take a variety of forms. Types of beds made of plastic boards:
- Rectangular: classic design that fits any size area.
- Square: the beds of this shape are conveniently located at the corners of the plot.
- Triangular: embankments of this form are conveniently placed on irregularly shaped areas. In addition, triangles with vegetation will be a great way to decorate the landscape.
- Multi-tiered: a great option for placement on a small area, as well as its decorations.
- If the garden is spacious, you can show imagination and form beds of unusual shape, for example, in the form of polygons.
Where can I buy a plastic board, price
Fencing for beds made of plastic board can be purchased at any building or hardware store that sells materials for gardening works. In addition, there are many online stores where you can buy not only boards with mounts separately, but also a ready-made design of any shape.
Boards individually convenient to buy when you want to make a bed of a certain size and shape. The average price of a 3mx15cm board for one piece is 850-900 rubles, the cost of a shorter board is two times cheaper - 450 rubles. for the panel 1,5mkh15sm. The price for a universal docking element (rotary) is, on average, 240-250 rubles / piece. It is joined in height and the angle of rotation is from 60 to 270 degrees. In addition, you will need more angular metal element to strengthen the connections - it costs 220 rubles per piece.
The cost of the finished beds depends on its size and shape. Thus, the average cost of a classic rectangular bed measuring 1mx2mx0.15m is 2,700–3,000 rubles. The price of a three-meter construction varies from 3,000 to 10,000 rubles, depending on the height of the boards and its width. The value of the cost is also influenced by the choice of the manufacturer.
How to calculate the required material
The need for material for the manufacture of beds depends on its size, shape, number of corner joints. For example, for the manufacture of beds from a board with a length of 3 m, a width of 1.25 m and a height of 25 mm, you will need material in the amount of:
Given that many manufacturers release boards with a length of 3 meters, there will be surplus in the manufacture of the beds. For the manufacture of complex structures the number of corner joints increases.
What you should pay attention to when buying
In order for the WPC board to serve for a long time, during the purchase you should pay attention to several important points:
- The choice of the manufacturer. Today, the WPC board is represented on the market by manufacturers from Russia, China, and European countries. When choosing products, one should remember that imported imported high quality WPC cannot cost less than the Russian due to the cost of delivery, various customs duties.
- When buying, be sure to check the availability of a quality guarantee for the goods from the manufacturer. This factor speaks not only about the quality of the material, but also the reliability of the manufacturer.
- The indicator characterizing the quality of the board is the raw material from which it is made. Often, instead of the “primary” polymer, panels are made of “secondary”, i.e. cheaper raw materials subject to reusable processing. For quality awareness, you need to examine the product documentation in detail.
- The type of binder polymer can affect board operation. As such polymers in the manufacture of boards can use PVC, polyethylene or polypropylene. PVC is more expensive, but it is more durable and durable. Boards with polyethylene in their composition are cheaper, but wear out faster.
- The composition of the board: the content of the polymer and wood component in the ratio of 50/50% makes the products wear-resistant, but many manufacturers reduce the cost of products by reducing the content of the polymer composition. If the proportion of wood component is more than 50%, such panels wear out faster.
- When buying a board, it should be borne in mind that for the first time after production, its shade may be darker or lighter than stated. However, if it has been stored in the warehouse for more than 2 weeks, its color should no longer change.
- WPC-based board manufacturers declare the environmental safety of their products, but when choosing a material it doesn’t hurt to make sure that there is a hygienic certificate.
- The correct geometry of the product indicates the ability to withstand loads.
When buying, you need to pay attention to saw cut. It should be uniform, even, without chips and detachable fibers.
How to install a plastic curb yourself
The complete set of a plastic board for beds contains all necessary elements for installation. Border manufacturing steps:
- Plastic fence for beds cut into segments of the desired length in accordance with the size of the future embankment.
- The panels are fastened to each other in a seamless way, and you need to ensure that there are no gaps between them.
- At the corners of the boards are mounted on special pegs. Fixing panels can be done at any angle, but the minimum allowable value is 60 degrees. Corner supports should exceed the height of the upper edge of the fence by 0.2 m, and the inner columns - by 0.5 m.
- Plot under the bed carefully align, remove the sod. After preparing the soil, you can begin the installation of the box.
- The assembled frame is transferred to the prepared area, align the design diagonally. Then determine the installation location for the corner supports, as well as expose the internal, intermediate columns.
The assembly of plastic beds is simple due to the fact that such structures are sold practically in finished form, it remains only to combine all the elements together.
What role for the garden fencing
Many people think that if there is a small fence on the beds, this is a peculiar decoration of the dacha. Wrong opinion, because this decoration is used to divide the garden. Fencing helps when building greenhouses. Thanks to him, you can easily care for young plants.
The curb prevents creeping insects from reaching a site where crops grow, simplifies weeding, preserves soil fertility. See how many reasons there are that you should install a structure.
Types of fencing
You can purchase curbs in stores or make your own. First, let's deal with industrial structures.
This is the most popular fencing. You can buy one of the options without any problems. Some craftsmen gardeners using scrap materials, install the fence with their own hands. Explaining it with the fact that it is cheaper and there is an opportunity to create an unusual composition.
Thanks to such fences, you can make a multi-tiered garden. If you decide to give the site an unusual, curvilinear shape, then choose this type. Plastic fence for the beds are easy to install. Even a novice gardener, having no experience, will cope with the task.
In order to install the structure does not need to dig ditches. Using the support pins, insert the section into the ground.
The fence is easily rearranged from place to place, is not afraid of sunshine, humidity and sudden changes in temperature. The plastic curb does not corrode, maintaining the perfect look for many years.
Well proven fence tapes. They are eco-friendly and do not harm, both people and plants. With the help of ribbons, you can fence the beds area, select paths and flower beds. The most common fences are green and brown.
The panel for the fence garden beds "Garden Board" is considered the easiest for installation work, adding to the garden aesthetic appearance. It looks like wooden boards. The model is characterized by high strength, is used for the design of multi-tiered plantings.
Plastic borders have a wide range and are made in different colors and shapes. If you do not plan to attract attention, but simply decided to strengthen the beds and protect against weeds, then choose a fence without design.
In the case when you need to give originality to the garden, you should choose a special decorative fence that imitates a picket fence, forging or stonework in a variety of colors.
If you build a greenhouse or make out a high bed, it is best to use a metal fence. In their manufacture, they are protected with a polymer coating so that the material does not resist moisture.
Be careful when using a metal curb in the sun. The design is heating up and can harm plants that are near the hedge.
Galvanized fences are durable and are offered in a variety of decorative options and colors. The fence is easy to install and fits perfectly into all design solutions.
Among the shortcomings, besides overheating, it is worth noting the high cost. But the price is justified, if you get this type of curb, you can use it for several decades.
The ideal solution when the garden is located near a brick house. The material is placed in different ways. If you have no idea how to make a design, then create a composition by digging in bricks or laying it at an angle.
Experienced gardeners complicate the process and build a fence, stitching the masonry with cement in rows. The use of bricks allows you to equip the raised garden, to build a barrier that protects crops from weeds.
The minus of brick fencing is that the material is stationary and has a high cost.
Fence made of natural stone
You can create an original fence for your garden from natural stone. That's just for the construction will take some time. If you just need to identify the features of the beds, you can put the material in a row along the perimeter. If the idea is a plan, then make a high fence and fasten with cement mortar.
Considering the rules when working with stone fencing, it is worth remembering that the construction is heavy and, accordingly, you need to prepare a support for the curb to avoid subsidence. Therefore, first fill the foundation. Stone fence is used to create a bed on a hill.
Making a garden with their own hands
Certainly there are a lot of simple ideas to put in order, and make the beds look attractive. The material for the fence will serve as simple tools at hand. These may be residues after construction work, such as slate or unnecessary things: barrels, buckets, tires, bottles.
Fence of corrugated will last for many years. Sheets bend well, so you can arrange the garden in an unusual way.
As a building material, take plastic or glass bottles. It will turn out not only a fence, but you will also be able to get rid of garbage, and the beds will sparkle with a new original look.
Pick up bottles of the same capacity and put them in the ground with the neck down. For strength, you can pour sand inside. And to design was fancy, paint the bottles with different bright colors. Further you can consider a photo of fences for beds. We picked up the most popular and unusual design options.
Now you understand that the beds are not just a piece of land. With the help of a border, make accents on the landscape design of the site. Create an unforgettable atmosphere in the country. Combine ideas and feel free to decorate.
Why do you need to fence the beds?
One of the main goals of the fence is to prevent one type of plant from interfering with another.
There are a number of other advantages of fences:
- garden soil is used as functionally as possible,
- weed control becomes easier and more efficient
- the appearance of the garden is much more aesthetic
- there is an opportunity to make comfortable paths,
- it is more convenient to fertilize the soil depending on the type of planted crop,
- easier to organize and group seedlings.
And here comes the question, when did you decide to create a fence for the beds - what to make bumpers from?
What kinds of fences exist?
The materials for fencing for beds and beds with their own hands quickly and budget use such materials:
- stones and cobblestones,
- wicker fences,
- plastic bottles.
You can still buy ready-made fences, but it is very expensive.
Metal fence is easy to install. But this view will not last long. Also a minus is that the metal must be treated with special means, you can get hurt about it, and it also heats up easily in the sun.
Wood fences were often used in summer houses, but this is an expensive option. Still such fences also need to be processed from dampness and pests, but even this does not save. After all, after some time, the tree must be partially or completely replaced.
Slate is popular because often the owners of summer cottages are pieces after the overlap of the roofs. For durability, it is better than metal and wood, and is not deformed during operation.
Decorative stones and stones - the most expensive option of fencing. But you can use the improvised breeds, if you have them. Their disadvantage lies in their size. Therefore, the stones are best used for flower beds, and not for the beds.
The most popular today are beds of plastic panels, built with their own hands. They have a lot of advantages due to which more and more gardeners make a choice in their favor.
Types of plastic enclosures
A very common type of plastic fence - curb tape. It is sold in rolls, whose height varies from twenty to fifty centimeters. This tape is flexible and easy to install. It is easy to install and remove if necessary.
Also becoming more and more known is the type of plastic fence, as a garden designer. Its appearance resembles wooden hemp. And to install it, you need to spend a few minutes. To do this, just pour plenty of the selected area and push the fence into the ground, do not forget to connect its edges.
Plastic mesh is in less demand, but such fencing can be found on the beds.
The most common type of plastic fence is panels. They are convenient and practical. Also in this regard, good plastic panels, which remained after the repair work. Then the cost of fencing beds almost zero.
Appearance of plastic enclosures
The design of the beds with your own hands in the country can be made different. This task is simplified if you buy ready-made panels. Their appearance resembles a low fence, and the color palette is diverse.
If you decide to make fences for the beds of plastic panels, after installing them just paint the desired color in the desired color. The paint can be waterproof or special, for outdoor work. The one in which the main fence is painted and the elements of the house or shed will also be suitable. The ideal option is to choose paint for plastic.
If you slightly increase your budget for the purchase of plastic panels, you can buy in the store fencing, the appearance of which imitates various expensive materials very well. Thus, at your site there may appear a fence for a bed of expensive stone, wood, and so on. At the same time such an enclosure will be much more practical than its prototype. For example, a white plastic fence will cost about 900 rubles. per meter.
As for the forms, the plastic panels are easy to deform. They can be bent, as you like, so that your site can be not only the usual rectangular flowerbeds, but also beds of unusual shapes: round, oval and so on.
How to install curb tape?
The procedure for the installation of plastic fences is as follows:
- Determine the length and width of the bed.
- Cut the right amount of tape and connect the edges with a carpentry stapler.
- In the place of installation, dig a small narrow trench.
- Install the curb in the trench.
- Cover the tape with soil on both sides and firmly tamp the ground.
- If you have a bed more than two meters long, then for the stability of the plastic curb, support it with metal or wooden pegs. You need to drive them in a checkerboard pattern: one in front, the other inside.
How to install plastic mesh?
To prevent the plastic mesh from deforming, you need to adhere to the following installation instructions:
- Around the perimeter of the bed, dig in metal or wooden pegs. It is desirable that the distance between them is about a meter, then the grid is not deformed.
- If the height of the grid does not suit you, then make a narrow trench. Then the extra part of the fence can be hidden under the ground.
- Attach one end of the mesh to the first peg with strong wire or special construction screeds. This should be done in at least two places, it all depends on the height of the fence.
- Well pull the grid around the perimeter of the bed.
- At the end, re-fasten the plastic mesh on the peg.
Garden board is a plastic panel with a length of 3 meters, width - up to 15 centimeters. This is a more durable version of the garden fence. The design provides for special mounts and grooves for easy assembly.
The surface of such a plastic fencing is very durable, smooth. It is difficult to leave any scratches on it. The color range of panels is quite diverse.
Garden board - a great option to protect the garden bed or flower bed from scattering. This material is not afraid of the sun and heavy frost. But it is worth considering that the price bracket is quite high.
The main advantage of the plastic mesh - it does not rust, unlike metal. She also has a sufficient degree of strength to use it for fencing the external borders of the site, front garden, sports or children's playground.
You can stretch such a grid yourself. The degree of tension should be sufficient to ensure its rigidity and reliability. It is attached in the same way as a chain-link metal mesh.
Plastic panel fence
Why do gardeners increasingly prefer plastic fence? It's all about its advantages over other species.
The beds of plastic panels with their own hands easily assembled, and their installation does not require much effort. And such a fence will last for many years, because what is so characteristic of metal and wood will not happen to it. It will not rot, will not be covered with mold, fungus and rust, will not decompose in the soil. And due to the fact that during installation the plastic panels are buried in the soil, the probability of weeds falling on the beds is reduced. It is worth noting that the plastic does not emit any harmful substances, and the soil is not polluted. Also, water and fertilizers that process plants are not drained outside the beds.
Another undoubted plus of plastic panel enclosures is a large variety in the creation of forms and decor.
Fencing for garden beds with your own hands - how is plastic fencing done?
As mentioned above, such fences are very easy to install, even in the absence of experience.
Instructions for installing the beds of plastic panels with their own hands:
- Measure the beds. You need to know the width and length.
- Make the necessary marks on the plastic panel.
- Proceed to cutting pieces of plastic. This should be done carefully, without damaging the material and without injuring itself. It is better to use a small saw or a large stationery knife. Plastic is easy to cut, so do not have to make great force. It is enough just to measure the desired size, draw a cut line and draw a knife along it. If necessary, repeat the incision. Then you need to slightly push the line of incision. For one bed you need four pieces of plastic.
- Dig a narrow trench around the perimeter of the bed. Its depth can be arbitrary, but not less than four centimeters. If the height of the beds of plastic panels with their own hands should be small, then you do not need to shorten the material. Just make the trench deeper.
- Install the panels in the trench and stick them on both sides. Tamp the earth. If you bought special plastic panels, then complete with them are pegs, thanks to which the sides of the fence are connected. If you used plastic that has remained after the repair, then put special corners on the joints.
Reviews of plastic fencing
Most gardeners positively characterize plastic fencing for beds and flowerbeds from panels.
Most often, the choice falls on them due to the low cost of the material. After all, for the money that will go to buy the required number of plastic panels, you will not be able to purchase as much slate, metal or decorative stone.
Also, gardeners prefer plastic because its installation does not require certain knowledge and skills. Therefore, the one who has never done anything like this can even construct a fence.
Another plastic enclosures gardeners like the fact that with their help you can create different height of the beds. If you want a short flower garden, then put one panel. If you need a high bed, then just add a second one. This is easy to do thanks to the special slats on the edges of the panel.
Based on the foregoing, it can be concluded that in garden plots it is increasingly possible to see fenced flower beds and garden beds with vegetables and herbs, namely plastic panels.